That’s right, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher have all signed up for the new Star Wars movies. I’m pretty excited about this.
Hit the break to see some reasons why:
- Disney has done OK by some of my favorite properties. I mean, look at The Avengers! They haven’t done everything perfectly, but I’m pretty sure they know the danger of screwing too much with Star Wars.
- Han Solo (even if he’s a bit older) is the man.
- It might mean we’re getting some of the expanded universe stuff–some of which is pretty good. Grand Admiral Thrawn anyone?
- Did I mention Han Solo?
- It’s Star Wars, I can’t help but be hopeful. The fact that the main players from the original cast are back is reassuring.
- J.J. Abrams is pretty awesome.
- Disney is taking this pretty seriously.
- And finally, Han-freaking-Solo.